QUALITY POLICY (ISO 9001)
Clifford Atkins Ltd is a design, project management and construction company with offices in the UK and Canada. We supply a range of services including design and construction management and we carry out new build and refurbishment projects. The Directors of Clifford Atkins Ltd and its employees are committed to providing a service of excellence that meets all our clients’ needs.
In particular, Clifford Atkins Ltd will:
• Develop and implement a Quality Management System (QMS)
• Clearly understand our clients’ needs and expectations
• Identify and manage potential risks
• Ensure our services and systems are correctly developed and approved
• Comply with statutory legal requirements
• Monitor and improve the scope of our expertise
• Obtain feedback from clients, respond quickly and learn from any mistakes
• Continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System
• Work towards achieving BS EN ISO 9001:2008 accreditation of the our QMS
We recognise the important role everybody at Clifford Atkins Ltd plays in helping us deliver a quality service and all members of staff receive training appropriate to their role in implementing our Quality Policy. This policy is reviewed on an annual basis and is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and available to the public on request.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY (ISO 14001)
As a result of our business operations we recognise that we impact on the environment in a number of ways. We recognise that our business activities result in both direct and indirect environmental impacts and that our responsibilities extend beyond our clients, subcontractors and employees to the wider community. This policy expresses the company’s commitment to providing clients with an excellent service whilst at the same time minimising environmental impacts.
In particular, Clifford Atkins will:
• Develop and implement an Environmental Management System to promote a programme of continual environmental improvement
• Achieve BS EN ISO 14001 accreditation of the our Environmental Management System
• Prevent and control the production of pollutants to water, land and air through developing waste and resource minimisation programmes
• Promote the re-use of existing built assets through conservation and refurbishment
• Comply with current and future environmental legislation and regulation relevant to the Company’s environmental aspects
• Set realistic and achievable objectives and targets to support continual environmental improvement
• Choose suppliers with proven environmental credentials wherever possible
• Use construction methods and practices that promote the re-use or recycling of materials
We recognise the important role everybody at Clifford Atkins plays in helping us achieve our environmental targets and all members of staff receive training appropriate to their role in implementing this policy. The Environmental Policy is reviewed on an annual basis and available to the public on request.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
In accordance with our duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and in fulfilling our obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by our activities; Clifford Atkins Limited has produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
• Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures.
• Providing and maintaining safe work equipment.
• Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work.
• Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility.
• Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform.
• Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate.
• Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communications of relevant information.
• Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health. Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.